No-bake cakes and desserts are the best culinary invention for anyone who doesn’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. With minimal time spent, without special equipment and an oven, you will have a cake ready, which is not ashamed to even serve to the festive table. And the admiring glances of your guests will be a great incentive for new achievements.
We offer a recipe for making gingerbread cake with sour cream without baking. For cooking, use any gingerbread – rye, chocolate, you can even dried. We chose products made from whole grain flour.
For cream, sour cream with a fat content of 21% is ideal. For the diet version of the cake, powdered sugar can be replaced with any pekmez, organic syrup, or omitted. As additives, we recommend using fruits and berries that are not very juicy and do not “flow” during the cooking process. Choose bananas, kiwi, tangerines or dried fruits – raisins, dried apricots, prunes. You can use your tried-and-tested icing recipe for the topping, or you can melt the chocolate.
- Gingerbread – 400 g.
- Sour cream – 420 g.
- Powdered sugar – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Mandarin – 1 pc.
- Kiwi – 1 pc.
- Chocolate – 60 g.
How to cook:
1. Mix sour cream with powdered sugar with a spatula.
2. Line a cake bowl with two layers of cling film.
3. Put two or three tablespoons of sour cream.
4. Lay a layer of randomly cut or broken gingerbread.
5. Repeat layer of sour cream.
6. Peel the kiwi from the peel, cut into small pieces. Remove the pits and skin from the mandarin and chop. Put the fruit layer on the sour cream.
7. Alternate layers until the end of the products. The top layer is sour cream. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 12 hours.
8. After the set time, put the cake on a serving plate, remove the cling film.
9. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, pour over the top of the cake. Garnish with corn balls or fruit.
The cake can simply be sprinkled with cocoa powder through a sieve or overlaid with small marshmallows.
Gingerbread cake with sour cream is best served with hot drinks – tea or coffee.