Greek eggplant is an excellent preservation that you can safely roll up now. The vegetables come out slightly spicy to taste, but you can make them very spicy, for this you just need to add more garlic. When choosing eggplant, you should give preference to vegetables that are not large in size. So after cooking, they will easily fit in a jar and there will be no difficulties. If the vegetables are large, it is unlikely that they will come out neatly placed in a jar.
Carrots, bell peppers and garlic are the vegetables that you need for the eggplant filling. You can also add some others besides them, for example, onions and hot peppers. The eggplants themselves can be boiled in lightly salted water or baked in the oven, if this option is more acceptable. Just wrap them in foil when baking. It is best to roll vegetables in jars that are not large in volume. So fit – 1 liter or 0.5 liter jars. Store ready-made eggplant in Greek in a cool place. If you live in a house, then the cellar is ideal.
- Eggplant – 1 kg.
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc.
- Garlic – to taste.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 30 ml.
- Salt – to taste.
- Greens – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Dice garlic and bell pepper. Grate the carrots.
2. Finely chop the greens.
3. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, put the carrots. Fry it for 1-2 minutes. It just needs to be soft.
4. Put chopped greens, garlic, bell pepper and fried vegetables in a bowl. Add salt and stir.
5. Put the eggplant in boiling water, add salt. Boil them until they become soft.
6. Now carefully cut off the ends. Make an incision across, not all the way through. Stuff the eggplants with the prepared vegetable filling.
7. Place the stuffed eggplants neatly in glass jars. They should be thoroughly washed and sterilized in advance.
8. Take a ladle or pan. Be sure to put a rag or towel at the bottom. Place a jar of vegetables on top. Pour in warm water gently. Sterilize eggplant for 2-3 minutes.
9. Then just roll up the jar with a lid. You can use a special jar where the lid is simply screwed on.