When the strawberry season comes, many housewives are in a hurry to prepare jam for the winter, while forgetting that you can cook a lot of other delicious dishes with strawberries that you can eat here and now. No need to wait for winter to enjoy homemade strawberry dumplings. The dough for dumplings can be kneaded with kefir, water or milk, as you like.
We offer a win-win option – choux pastry. With it, not a single strawberry will leave the dumpling, nothing will fall apart during the cooking process and will not boil. Be sure to use my recipe to deliciously feed your family. Strawberry dumplings are a healthy and tasty dessert for both children and adults.
- Wheat flour – 4 tbsp.
- Hot water – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – 0.5 tsp.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 60 g.
- Strawberries – 300 g.
- Sugar – 80-100 g.
How to cook:
1. Sift wheat flour into a deep bowl. Leave a couple of spoons for kneading.
It is better to use metal or glass utensils, as the dough will be brewed with boiling water, and plastic containers may simply deteriorate.
Add salt to the flour and mix, the dough will turn out more tasty and not fresh in taste.
2. Pour boiling water into the dough, stir with a spoon and brew flour. Lumps form first, they will disperse later.
3. In a slightly cooled dough, not hot, beat one egg, pour in a portion of vegetable oil and mix until smooth.
4. Knead the dough well, add the remaining flour so that the dough does not stick to the surface.
5. Form a ball, leave to rest under a towel for 15-20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, wash and de-stem the strawberries. Small strawberries are ideal for dumplings. If you bought large strawberries, it is fashionable to simply cut them into medium pieces.
7. Divide the dough into balls, roll each into a thin cake, put a few pieces of strawberries in the center and pour about 0.5 tsp. Sahara.
8. Blind the dumplings, pinching all the edges well.
9. Boil half a pot of water, add a couple of pinches of salt, fold the dumplings, stir so as not to stick together and cook for 3-4 minutes until they float.
10. Remove dumplings from water, let cool slightly, then serve immediately.
Delicious, sweet and so fragrant dumplings with strawberries are ready.
Enjoy your meal!