Homemade jam is always a popular delicacy. It can be served with tea, with a cheese plate, added to sweet porridge, pour over cheesecakes or pancakes.
We offer a recipe for making plum jam for the winter. The plum season is short, so experienced housewives stock up on treats ahead of time. Plums are fruits rich in pectin. Therefore, jams, marmalades and thick jams are excellent from these fruits. Harvesting does not require long cooking and a large amount of sugar. Plums have a sweet and sour taste and pair perfectly with any flavorings. Cocoa, citrus fruits, red wine, cardamom, nutmeg, mint or sage can be added to the plum jam of your choice.
For the recipe, choose firm, not overripe fruits with intact skins. The round white plum is preferred for simmering as it has firm flesh that retains its shape when simmered. The recipe is based on two jars of 350 ml.
- Plum (net weight) – 400 g.
- Sugar – 350 g.
- Cardamom – 1 tsp
- Mint – 1 sprig.
Yield: 2 cans of 350 ml.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the plums in running water. Cut the fruit in half, remove the st1.
2. Put the prepared halves in a nylon or glass bowl.
3. Pour plums with sugar, leave the bowl at room temperature for 10-12 hours.
4. During this time, the plums will release juice.
5. Transfer the contents to a cooking pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat with a lid on. Do not boil. Turn off the heat, leave the jam under the lid for 5-6 hours.
6. Boil the jam in 3 sets of 1 – 3 – 5 minutes over low heat with complete cooling.
The degree of readiness is determined by the uniform distribution of fruits in the syrup and the absence of foam.
7. At the end of cooking, add cardamom.
8. Put clean mint, boil the jam for 1 minute. Remove mint.
9. Sterilize jars, scald lids. Pour the hot jam into jars, seal tightly with lids.
10. Cool plum jam and transfer it to a storage cabinet.
After cooling, the delicacy becomes thicker, with whole halves of plums. The jam has a sweet and sour taste with the aroma of additives. Plum halves are perfect as a filling for pies or grated pies.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.