Chicken stew in a pot is a great homemade option that is convenient to have on hand. In the future, hearty side dishes with potatoes or cereals can be prepared from such stew. Soup with stew is tasty and rich.
There is no doubt about the quality of such a product, since it will be known exactly what ingredients are included in its composition. It is best to store the workpiece in the refrigerator. You can use the tender stew right away, or you can wait for a more opportune moment.
- Chicken carcass – 1 pc. (2 kg).
- Bay leaf – 2-3 pcs.
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 3-4 umbrellas.
- Salt – 2 tsp
How to cook:
1. The essence of the preparation of stew is the long-term digestion of meat according to the principle of jelly. You need to immediately add the whole set of spices, but you can do without vegetables.
You will need a whole chicken – it can be a soup bird or a broiler. In the second case, the cooking time can be reduced, since the broiler will cook much faster. Rinse the chilled carcass with clean water and remove all excess.
2. Using a sharp knife, you need to butcher the bird. This is quite simple to do – you need to separate the legs, wings and backbone, and cut the breast into 4 parts.
3. It is better to cut the ridge with the neck into two parts and then put all the pieces in a large saucepan. There it is also necessary to poison the prepared spices – cloves, black (and / or allspice) pepper, lavrushka. You don’t need to salt right away.
4. Next, you need to pour water into the pan so that it covers all the pieces. Since this is not jelly, water can be poured in with a margin so as not to be added every 10 minutes. After that, the pan must be put on the stove, after boiling, remove the foam and cook the bird for 3 hours. Salt the meat half an hour before the end of cooking.
5. After 3 hours, the chicken pieces must be removed from the hot broth – it is convenient to do this with a slotted spoon. After the chicken has cooled down a bit, you need to disassemble it into pieces, separating the meat from the bones and removing the skin.
6. Next, the pieces of meat must be sent back to the pan and pour everything with strained concentrated broth. You don’t need to add water, you can only try “for salt” – the stew is cooked a little salted. The meat should boil in the broth for 15 minutes.
7. If you plan to store the stew for a long time, you must carefully sterilize the jars and lids, then arrange the meat in containers and pour in the remaining fat.
8. After that, you can roll up the meat and wrap it until it cools. In any case, you need to store the stew in a cold place.
Enjoy your meal!