Vareniki with potatoes is a delicious dish that can be safely prepared on fasting or on a regular weekday. The recipe for their preparation is quite simple, and the ingredients are available and are in the kitchen of every housewife. You can serve ready-made dumplings with sour cream, or with fried onions.
The dough for them is kneaded on water, flour should be used of the highest grade. Potatoes can be boiled in advance so that this procedure does not waste time.
- Potatoes – 5 pcs.
- Salt – 0.5 tbsp. l. + 0.5 tsp into the dough.
- Water – 0.5 tbsp.
- Flour – 2.5 tbsp.
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into medium-sized pieces. Put in a bucket, fill with water.
2. Now immediately add the salt. Boil potatoes for 20 minutes.
3. When the potatoes are ready, drain the water.
4. Now prepare the dough. To do this, pour water into a bowl. Water should be at room temperature.
5. Add salt.
6. Then add flour. You can pre-sift it through a sieve.
7. Knead the dough with your hands and leave it for 15 minutes.
8. Lay it out on a silicone mat designed specifically for rolling out dough.
9. Roll out the dough into a thin layer.
10. Using a metal circle, squeeze circles out of it.
11. Now put potatoes on each, which you first crush with a crush.
12. Form dumplings and fasten the edges.
If there is a special mold for sculpting dumplings, then you can safely use it.
13. Now bring the water to a boil in a ladle, lay out some of the dumplings. Boil them for 7-10 minutes.
14. Put the finished dumplings with potatoes on a dish and serve them to the table.
You can sprinkle them with chopped herbs on top or add fried onions.
Enjoy your meal!