Samsa – triangular pies with various fillings, popular in Asian countries. Most often, samsa is made from puff pastry stuffed with meat and lamb fat. We offer you an unusual recipe for pancake samsa.
The base of the product is baked in a pan in the form of small pancakes. They are filled with stuffing. The edges of the pancakes are connected in the form of triangles and the products are additionally brought to readiness in the oven. The dough is kneaded with yeast and baking powder. You will need time to get up, take this into account when planning your serve.
For the recipe, quick yeast and premium white wheat flour are preferable. You can improvise with the composition of the filling. Mushrooms, cheese, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, greens are suitable for a snack option. For the dessert version, cottage cheese, nuts, dried fruits, poppy seeds, candied fruits and marmalade are good. Choose the composition and quantity of spices, aromatic herbs to taste.
- Minced chicken – 120 g.
- Champignon mushrooms – 150 g.
- Flour – 150 g.
- Milk – 200 ml.
- Sugar – 15 g.
- Salt in the dough – 7 g.
- Baking powder – 10 g.
- Yeast – 5 g.
- Vegetable oil – 15 ml. in the dough + 20 ml. For filling.
- Hard cheese – 35 g.
- Paprika – 1.5 g.
- Dry garlic – 2 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Heat the milk to a temperature of 40 degrees, pour into a bowl. Add salt, sugar, yeast, baking powder and vegetable oil. Mix until smooth.
2. Pour in the flour.
3. Beat the mass with a blender. The dough should be as thick as liquid sour cream. Leave it under cling film for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the filling. Fry chopped mushrooms in vegetable oil.
5. Add mince. Continue frying minced meat with mushrooms until tender.
6. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and spices. Mix stuffing and set aside.
7. Pour two tablespoons of batter into the center of a hot, dry skillet. Wait for the bottom part to brown and the top part to stabilize.
8. Transfer the pancake to a plate, lay out the filling.
9. Place hard cheese on the filling.
10. Blind opposite edges to the center.
11. Form a triangular samsa. It is convenient to fry one pancake, and at this time to fill the finished product.
12. Put the samsa in a form covered with tracing paper and send the oven to 190 degrees for about 7 minutes.
13. Transfer pancake samsa to a serving plate, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.