Many are faced with the problem of where to store vegetables and fruits if there is no cellar or basement. Freezing will be the way out! It is most convenient to prepare a pumpkin for the winter in the form of sliced \u200b\u200band chopped mass. You take out a portion from the freezer and you can immediately start cooking, without first defrosting. Diced pumpkin can be used for baking, as well as for making stews or soups. And the grated mass is suitable for baby puree, all kinds of casseroles, pancakes and pancakes with baking.
- Pumpkin – 1 kg or other amount (critically evaluate the size of your freezer).
How to cook:
1. Rinse the pumpkin to remove particles of dirt, sand, dust and other debris from the surface. Then cut with a sharp knife – you can cut it in half or as you prefer (depending on the shape and size of the fruit). Pick out the seeds with your hands or a tablespoon. By the way, do not throw them away, rinse, dry in the sun, and then fry in a dry frying pan – roasted pumpkin seeds are not only very tasty, but also good for digestion!
2. Clean the pumpkin from the inner pulp and from the peel. Be careful with the knife! The skin is thick and rough. In order not to injure your hand, divide the pieces into large fragments, lay them on the board so that they lie steadily, and then cut off the upper part with a knife.
3. Cut into cubes. To do this, divide the pieces first into plates, and then go over them with a knife to get neat pieces. However, if you plan to use pumpkin pulp in the future to make mashed potatoes or cream soup, then you don’t have to try too hard with slicing, because the vegetable will still be crushed.
4. Or the second option – grate. It is best to use a large one if you plan to use it later, for example, on mashed potatoes. It is very tiring to grate with a fine grate, because this vegetable is hard, you will have to spend more time and effort on grinding, so decide for yourself.
5. Spread the sliced \u200b\u200band the grated mass in clean bags, tie tightly. There is one important point here – try to immediately determine for yourself the serving size “at one time”, so that the product cannot be re-frozen.
6. Place the bags in the freezer. You can store for about six months. As needed, you can take and use immediately, without defrosting (unless otherwise required in the recipe).
Enjoy your meal!