Everyone knows about salting ripe tomatoes, but not all housewives know how to salt green tomatoes. Meanwhile, this is easy to do. The difference lies only in the amount of salt added to the brine and the filling temperature. But, you still have to be patient, because green tomatoes will be ready for use only after 35-36 days.
For a three-liter jar:
- Green and semi-ripe (milk) tomatoes – 2.2 kg.
- Dill greens with umbrellas – 40 g.
- Parsley greens – 10 g.
- Horseradish leaf – 2 pcs.
- Garlic – 6 cloves.
- Hot pepper – 10 g.
- Salt – 140 g.
How to cook:
1. Wash a three-liter jar thoroughly with a solution of baking soda.
Remove stems from tomatoes and wash.
Tomatoes for salting choose approximately the same degree of maturity and the same size, and, of course, without damage.
2. Rinse dill and parsley, dry and chop coarsely. Wash the horseradish leaves too and cut across into strips.
3. Peel and wash the garlic cloves. Rinse the hot pepper and cut into small pieces.
4. Place half of the prepared greens, 3 cloves of garlic and half of the hot pepper in the prepared jar. If you wish, you can expand the list of herbs by adding 10 g of celery greens, 10 g of tarragon (tarragon) and the same amount of savory.
If you put 3-4 blackcurrant leaves, 5 oak leaves and 5 cherry leaves in a jar, the aroma and flavors of the finished tomatoes will be richer.
5. Then lay the tomatoes in, shaking the bottle from time to time so that the tomatoes lie as close to each other as possible.
Put the remaining greens, pepper and garlic on top.
6. Prepare a brine from 1.5 liters of water and salt. Cool the brine to 75⁰ C and fill the contents of the jar with it.
7. The brine should cover the tomatoes and greens completely.
8. Cover the bottle with several layers of gauze or a clean cloth. Leave the jar of green tomatoes at room temperature for 5-6 days. Then close the jar with a capron lid and refrigerate. Then forget about tomatoes for 1 month. After the specified period, green salted tomatoes will be ready for use.
An important tip: if the room temperature is very high, namely 25-30⁰ C, put the bottle of tomatoes in a cold place after 3-4 days.
Enjoy your meal!