Cabbage rolls with meat and rice are a worthy dish not only for a family dinner, but also for a festive dinner. Hearty and so fragrant cabbage rolls will be the best treat to the table for both your loved ones and guests.
Let’s cook the dish in a saucepan in tomato sauce with sour cream, you get juicy and tasty cabbage rolls. Among homemade dishes that housewives have been preparing in the kitchen for many years in a row, cabbage rolls with meat always occupy a leading position. Yes, you will have to tinker with them a little, but it’s worth it. The meat stuffing wrapped in a cabbage leaf is juicy thanks to the sauce and vegetables, so be sure to use our recipe.
All ingredients are very affordable and always on sale. Stuffed cabbage takes a considerable amount of time to prepare, but you will get a nutritious and tasty dish for the whole family. Cabbage rolls do not require any garnish, so immediately after cooking, serve them hot to the table, adding only greens to taste.
- Cabbage – 700-800 g.
- Minced meat, mixed – 350 g.
- Rice round – 70 g.
- Onion – 70 g.
- Carrots – 70 g.
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l.
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp. l.
- Water – 100 g.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. First of all, boil the cabbage: if you can separate the whole leaves, then blanch them in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes. You can also lower the head of cabbage into boiling water in a saucepan and cook in this form until soft. Gradually remove each top sheet with a fork and with a knife. Cool cabbage leaves. If hard spots remain from the stalk, cut them off with a knife.
2. Peel the carrots and onions, chop: grate the carrots, onions – just cut into small cubes.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, put the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft.
4. Put the minced meat and cooled vegetables in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Round rice is pre-cooked until half cooked, cool and put into the filling. Stir the stuffing several times.
6. Put a generous spoonful of filling on the edge of the cabbage leaf.
7. Wrap the stuffed cabbage with a tube, tucking the edges inward. Thus, the cabbage rolls will perfectly keep their shape.
8. For the sauce, mix tomato paste and sour cream, dilute everything with water and mix. The sauce is ready.
9. Fold the cabbage rolls in a saucepan and pour over the tomato-sour cream sauce, add spices to taste. Stew cabbage rolls for 25-30 minutes with a slight boil. The filling will be completely ready.
Enjoy your meal!