Surely in the culinary notebook of every housewife there is a considerable collection of original and tasty snacks, the basis of which is pita bread. It has a neutral taste, thanks to which it goes well with many products. Toppings can be quite simple, like grated cheese, or complex, like in the recipe below.
Lavash with mashed potatoes, ham and cheese is a hot appetizer, very satisfying and quite easy to prepare. The bread part perfectly harmonizes with tender ham and spicy cheese, and sweet paprika subtly sets off the taste of the dish. If desired, you can add any greens to the filling.
- Lavash thin – 6 round cakes or 1 large sheet.
- Potato – 250 g.
- Ham – 100 g.
- Hard cheese – 50 g.
- Butter – 30 g.
- Sweet ground paprika – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste.
- Sunflower oil – for frying.
How to cook:
1. Wash potatoes, peel and boil in salted water until tender.
2. Mash hot potatoes. Add butter, paprika and salt to taste.
You can use freshly ground black pepper instead of paprika.
3. Grate the cheese on a fine grater.
4. Cut the ham into thin strips.
5. Divide mashed potatoes, cheese and ham into 6 parts. Put mashed potatoes on each pita bread and carefully spread it in a thin layer over the entire surface, leaving 1.5 cm free at the edges.
If you use a large sheet of pita bread, then it will need to be cut into squares about 15×15 cm in size.
6. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
7. Lay out the ham.
The dish will turn out very tasty if you replace the ham with sausages. They will need 6 pieces. Sausages do not need to be cut. Put one sausage on the edge of the pita bread (on top of the cheese) and roll into a tight roll.
8. Roll pita bread into tight rolls.
9. Heat some sunflower oil in a frying pan. Put the pita bread “seam” down, fry. Then flip over and fry until golden brown.
10. Place pita bread on paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
Lavash with mashed potatoes, ham and cheese is ready. Serve crispy lavashiki, garnished with parsley leaves and sprinkled with ground paprika.
Enjoy your meal!