Let’s take a short culinary trip to the USSR and try to cook lazy dumplings with cottage cheese. There is no flour in this dish, it is successfully replaced with semolina. In the Soviet Union, semolina was considered an incredibly useful product. Parents, who sincerely believed in the miraculous properties of this cereal, fed their children not only with porridge made from it, but also added it to all kinds of dishes.
Semolina, which was considered useful in the Soviet Union, is currently recommended by nutritionists to consume no more than 1-2 times a week. After all, the composition of semolina is 3-5 times poorer than the composition of other cereals. In addition, semolina refers to refined products that lead to a slowdown in metabolism, and, consequently, to obesity.
In addition to semolina, the composition of dumplings includes eggs, kefir, sugar and salt. And the basis of the dish, of course, is cottage cheese. Cooking lazy dumplings is not difficult, and it will take you less than an hour.
- Cottage cheese – 400 g.
- Semolina – 150 g.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Kefir 2.5-3.2% fat – 120 ml.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Butter and sour cream – for serving.
Cooking time: 40 minutes. Servings Per Container: 3-4.
1. Put the cottage cheese in a bowl and knead well with a fork. You can also rub the cottage cheese through a sieve.
2. Add semolina.
3. Pour in sugar and salt. Mix everything.
4. Beat in the egg.
5. Pour in kefir and mix thoroughly.
6. Leave the resulting mixture for 15-20 minutes so that the semolina swells.
Sprinkle the cutting board with semolina. Use your hands to mold the dough into about 30 dumplings, slightly smaller than a walnut.
7. Boil water in a saucepan. Place dumplings in boiling water and cook for 7-8 minutes. Then remove the lazy dumplings with cottage cheese from the water with a slotted spoon and arrange in portioned plates.
Serve hot with butter and sour cream.
If you like sweets, you can serve dumplings with condensed milk, jam or preserves.
Enjoy your meal!