Vareniki is a dish that is popular in many cuisines – Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian. Vareniki can be sweet and savory. Berries, cottage cheese and fruits are suitable for a sweet filling. For salty – mushrooms, meat or fish are suitable.
In fasting, be sure to cook dumplings with potatoes – this is a great option to feed the whole family tasty and satisfying. Usually, sour cream or yogurt is served with dumplings, but in a lean recipe, just sprinkle them with fried onions, it will be very appetizing and fragrant.
- Wheat flour – 500-550 g.
- Water – 200 g.
- Vegetable oil – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Potatoes – 400 g.
- Onion – 50-60 g.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Divide the preparation of the recipe into two stages – kneading the dough and boiling the potato filling. We recommend starting with a test. Take a deep bowl and pour in almost all the sifted flour (450 g), add salt and mix. The dough should be tasty and salted – salt is a flavor enhancer.
2. Pour water into the dough – ordinary, room temperature, start mixing these components, there will be lumps at first.
3. Pour in vegetable oil as well – it will be easier to knead the dough with it and the mass will be more elastic.
4. Knead the dough – look at the structure so that it is not too tight. Sprinkle in the remaining flour as needed. Cover the bowl with the dough with a cotton towel and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the dough is resting, prepare the filling. Boil the peeled potatoes until tender, soft with salt. Drain and mash potatoes, mix, taste for salt. Let the potatoes cool slightly – the filling is ready.
6. Cut the onion into small cubes and fry in a pan with vegetable oil.
Onions will be needed to serve dumplings. If desired, part of this onion can be added to the potato filling.
7. Divide the finished dough into equal balls – about 9-10 pieces.
8. Roll out each ball of dough thinly with a rolling pin.
9. Put about 1-1.5 tsp in the center of the dough. potato filling.
10. Tightly blind the edges of the dumplings, if desired, give a figured edge.
11. In the same way, successively blind all the products, filling the dumplings with the filling.
12. Boil about 1.5 liters of water, add a couple of pinches of salt, put the dumplings in portions and cook after boiling again for 4-5 minutes. Remove the finished dumplings through a sieve or colander so that there is no water in the finished dish.
13. Put hot dumplings on a dish, sprinkle with fried onions and butter and you’re d1.
Lean dumplings with potatoes are very appetizing and tasty. No one will go hungry, everyone will be full and satisfied.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.