Lecho is an incredibly tasty preparation for the winter, in which you can collect a huge amount of vegetables, and they all go well with each other. We really love this appetizer, in which zucchini or zucchini play the main role.
There is no particular difference between these two vegetables, you can take the one that you have, the most important condition is that they must be young, with very small and soft bones. If you take old large zucchini, then they have hard bones that will spoil the whole look and taste of lecho. If you only have old overripe vegetables on hand, you can spend a little time and remove all the seeds.
- Tomato paste – 40 g.
- Zucchini or zucchini – 200 g.
- Onion – 50 g.
- Bulgarian pepper – 50 g.
- Tomatoes – 100 g.
- Vinegar 9% – 7 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 7-10 ml.
- Sugar – 4-5 g.
- Salt – 3-4 g.
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
How to cook:
1. In order for the lecho to stand in jars all winter, it is necessary to sterilize them before starting cooking. It plays a major role in the quality of the workpiece.
Next, prepare all the products. Wash all vegetables and peel onions and garlic. We advise you to immediately prepare and cut all the vegetables, and then add them to the lecho in turn. This preparation will greatly speed up the cooking process.
Cut the tomatoes into medium pieces. Peel the bell peppers and cut into medium pieces. Put the tomatoes and bell peppers in a deep bowl, chop with a blender or twist in a meat grinder.
2. Next, send this mixture to a bowl, add salt and sugar and put on the stove. When the contents boil, a thick foam will appear, remove it. Pour in vegetable oil.
3. Then add tomato paste.
4. Slice the zucchini. If the circles are too large in diameter, then cut them in half.
5. Then lay out the zucchini. As soon as the lecho boils, boil it for ten minutes.
6. Onion cut into cubes or half rings (optional). Next, send it to the zucchini.
7. Boil everything together for 5 minutes.
8. Two to three minutes before the end of cooking, add chopped garlic and vinegar.
9. Lecho is ready! Put it in sterile jars. Roll up the lids.
Enjoy your meal!