Lemon pastries are one of the most popular in the world. Cakes, pies, muffins and cheesecakes with a slight sourness and fresh aftertaste will impress even picky gourmets. Here’s an easy lemon tart recipe that’s perfect for a holiday or Sunday dinner.
For the recipe, you will need white flour of the highest grade and high-quality butter 82.5% fat. Yogurt can be replaced with kefir or milk. The cake is baked in a mold with a diameter of 20 – 22 cm.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 120 g.
- Butter – 50 g.
- Yogurt – 80 ml.
- Flour – 130 g.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp
- Semolina for sprinkling – a little.
Syrup for soaking:
- Lemon juice – 120 ml.
- Sugar – 70 g.
- Zest of 2 lemons.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
- Lemon juice – 1.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Cut the butter into cubes and put in a cup. Melt butter in microwave until soft.
2. Put sugar, egg, salt into a bowl for kneading dough. Mix.
3. Add oil, lightly beat the mass with a whisk.
4. Pour in yogurt at room temperature, mix the mass.
5. Pour the baking powder and flour, knead the liquid homogeneous dough (like a biscuit).
6. Scald the lemons with boiling water, remove the zest with a special knife.
7. Add one teaspoon of zest to the dough, mix. Leave the dough for 20 minutes.
8. To decorate, place the zest in a bowl, add lemon juice and sugar. Heat the mass in the microwave oven for 1-2 minutes at full power.
9. Grease the mold with butter, sprinkle with semolina. Lay out the dough, smooth it out. Bake the cake in the oven until golden brown for 30-40 minutes.
10. Prepare syrup. Cut the lemons in half, squeeze out the juice.
11. Mix sugar and lemon juice, bring the mixture to a boil.
12. Remove the finished cake from the oven. Make holes with a skewer in increments of 0.8 – 1 cm.
13. Lubricate the hot cake with hot syrup until the end of the liquid.
You can simply pour the pastries with syrup and wait for soaking.
14. Transfer the pie to a serving plate, cool completely. Sprinkle pastries with powdered sugar, decorate with prepared lemon zest, mint leaves and caramel flowers.
Lemon pie has a pleasant sweet and sour taste, a juicy moist porous structure and a bright citrus aroma. Baking goes well with hot drinks – green tea or black coffee.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.