Lean mannik without eggs and dairy products can be cooked in water and vegetable oil. At the same time, pastries will turn out to be no less tasty, especially if you add fresh or frozen berries to it. The perfect combination is blackcurrant, which gives a sweet biscuit a pleasant sourness. The cake turns out to be crumbly, but unlike a rich one, it is denser, not so airy, however, for some this is even an advantage.
Currants can be replaced with dried fruits, fresh apples, nuts.
- Water – 2 tbsp.
- Semolina – 2 tbsp.
- Flour – 2 tbsp.
- Baking powder – 4 tsp
- Sugar sand – 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil – 0.5 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Vanillin – 1 g.
- Blackcurrant – 0.5-1 tbsp.
Glass – 200 ml. The diameter of the baking dish is 20 cm.
How to cook:
1. Mix by hand, with a mixer or a food processor into a single mixture of water, semolina, flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, salt and vanillin.
2. Add a berry to the dough and mix gently, being careful not to damage the blackcurrant.
3. Lubricate a detachable baking dish with vegetable oil and put the dough into it. Smooth out with a spoon.
4. Send to an oven preheated to 200 degrees for an hour, after which you should check the readiness of the biscuit with a wooden torch. If necessary, bake mannik. The surface should be browned.
After taking the pastries out of the oven, let the semolina biscuit cool for about 20-30 minutes. After that, slightly prying the edges with a spatula, remove the parts of the detachable form, trying not to damage the integrity of the cake.
Mannik on the water for fasting days is ready! Dessert is served with jam, honey, syrup and your favorite drinks.
Enjoy your meal!