These lean patties resemble potato zrazy, but inside they contain a unique filling of a fried mixture of onions, carrots and the main ingredient – pickles. The last component changes not only the taste of the product, but also its structure. As a result, it is even impossible to immediately determine what is inside the round patties.
- Peeled potatoes – 500 g.
- Starch (corn, potato) – 80 g.
- Basil, paprika – all in a teaspoon.
- Garlic – 5 cloves.
- Refined vegetable oil – 20 ml.
- Pickled cucumbers (pickled are also suitable) – 300 g.
- Onion – 80 g.
- Carrots – 120 g.
How to cook:
1. To make the potatoes boil faster, cut them into pieces, cover with water and put to boil. Don’t forget to salt.
2. In the meantime, work on the filling. For her, bring the slices of onion to a slight transparency in a pan with oil.
3. Add grated carrots to this.
4. While the carrots are roasting, coarsely grate the pickles.
5. Squeeze out excess moisture from them.
6. Transfer the cucumbers to the vegetable frying in the pan. Simmer everything, covered with a lid, for 5 minutes.
7. It is better not to push the garlic with a press, but to chop it with a knife.
8. Add it to the filling and if this is not a lean option, you can dissolve another piece of butter there.
9. When the potatoes are cooked, mash them with a potato masher.
10. Add vegetable oil.
11. Aromatize with spices.
12. Next, mix the puree with starch.
13. Grease a large plate or tray with oil, as well as your hands. Flatten a piece of potato dough in the palm of your hand into a cake.
14. Put the filling.
15. Gather the edges to the center and flatten the workpiece. Spread lean pies on a greased surface to avoid sticking.
16. Fry them to the desired degree of ruddy from 2 sides.
17. Stack finished products in a slide.
Round pies made of delicate potato dough with a delicious crispy crust on the outside and an unusual juicy filling inside are ready and show off on the table. It is better to serve them until they have cooled down and flavor with sour cream. Such a treat is suitable not only on fasting days, but also on ordinary days.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.