If you want to cook something original and simple as a vegetable snack, then hurry up to take note of this recipe. Lightly salted tomatoes and cucumbers in a bag are very tasty. The most remarkable thing is that it is very easy to cook them, and the vegetables are salted quickly enough. So, for example, they can be safely served at the table within 2 hours after preparation.
In size, tomatoes should not be used large, and it will be more convenient to cut them and they will be much better salted. Of the spices, in addition to salt and pepper, you can safely add what you like most. For example, it can be dried basil, fresh dill, red pepper, mustard, cumin and others.
Serve ready-made salted tomatoes and cucumbers in a bag with any side dishes. Therefore, it can safely be either mashed potatoes, or buckwheat or pilaf.
- Tomatoes are not large in size – 400 g.
- Fresh cucumbers – 300 g.
- Salt – 0.5 tsp.
- Sugar – 1 pinch.
- Peppercorns – a few pcs.
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Parsley (you can also use dill) – 1 bunch.
How to cook:
1. Wash all vegetables very thoroughly beforehand. Cut off the edges of the cucumbers on both sides. Then cut each of them in half, then lengthwise. Now just cut the cucumbers into cubes.
2. Cut the tomatoes into 4-6 pieces if they are not large in size.
If the tomatoes are large, then you need to cut into more pieces.
3. Wash the greens, chop them finely. Do the same with garlic or squeeze it through a garlic press.
4. Put chopped tomatoes and cucumbers in a regular plastic bag.
5. Put garlic and chopped parsley (or dill) on them.
6. Add salt, sugar and peppercorns.
Instead of peppercorns, you can safely use ground pepper.
7. Now tie the bag tightly, gently shake all the vegetables so that the spices are evenly distributed over them.
8. Leave the bag of vegetables for 2-6 hours to marinate. The refrigerator is the best for this.
Here are such lightly salted tomatoes with cucumbers in the package!
Enjoy your meal!