Liver cake with cottage cheese cream is perhaps the lowest calorie of all liver cakes. After all, it does not contain a single gram of mayonnaise. The most delicate cream is made from cottage cheese and sour cream. Garlic gives the cream a spicy note, and fragrant dill subtly sets off its taste.
Seasonings are classic – freshly ground black pepper and salt. The basis of the cakes is turkey liver. Carrots and onions go well with the liver and give the cakes a peculiar taste and juiciness. The connecting links are eggs and flour.
- Turkey liver – 800 g.
- Carrots (large) – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 head.
- Flour – 5 tbsp. l. without a slide.
- Egg – 2 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Sunflower oil – for frying.
- Cottage cheese – 250 g.
- Sour cream – 150 g.
- Dill greens – 1 bunch.
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes. Servings Per Container: 6-8.
1. Rinse the turkey liver well, remove the films and cut into small pieces of arbitrary shape.
You can make this cake with chicken, pork or beef liver.
2. Wash the carrots with a brush and peel. Peel and rinse the onion too. Cut vegetables into large cubes.
3. Put the liver, carrots and onions into the blender bowl. Grind into a homogeneous mass.
4. Transfer the resulting liver mass to a bowl. Add flour and salt.
5. Beat in the eggs.
6. Stir well so that the dough is homogeneous, without lumps of flour. It is better to do this with a whisk or a mixer.
Grease the pan with sunflower oil. Pour in some dough and bake the pancake over low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Then bake the rest of the pancakes in the same way. You should get 9-10 of them. The amount depends on the diameter of the pan. In the proposed recipe, a frying pan with a diameter of 22 cm was used and 10 cakes were obtained.
7. Next, start preparing the curd cream.
Clean the garlic. Rinse the dill greens, shake off the water and chop finely.
Put cottage cheese, sour cream and garlic cloves in a blender bowl. You can replace sour cream with yogurt. Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
8. Beat everything into a homogeneous mass. The cream should have the consistency of thick sour cream.
If the cream is too thick, add a little more sour cream.
9. Pour dill into the cream and mix thoroughly.
10. Put one cake on a flat dish and grease it with curd cream. Do the same with the rest of the cakes.
11. Liver cake with curd cream is ready. It remains to decorate it. Here you can let your imagination run wild. In the proposed recipe, the cake is decorated with radish roses, chopped green onions and dill sprigs. You can decorate the dish with boiled carrot flowers or, for example, slices of a hard-boiled egg.
Put the cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour to soak. Then cut into portions and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.