Lush cakes on kefir in a pan are very soft, airy and easy and simple to cook. The dough is kneaded on kefir with the addition of soda, however, instead of these ingredients, you can take baking powder and sour cream. The effect will be the same – the cakes will come out lush.
They should be served immediately after cooking, while they are hot, you can grease them with honey. Ready donuts will be best combined with milk, but they can also be served with a cup of strong and fragrant tea. So that on the second day they remain soft, they should definitely be put in a bowl and covered with cling film or an ordinary plastic bag.
An important point in the preparation of these donuts is that the fermented milk product must first be heated to a warm state. Also, when buying it, you should pay close attention to the expiration date. Soda does not need to be extinguished with vinegar.
- Kefir with any percentage of fat content – 0.5 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Sugar – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Soda – 1 pinch.
- Flour – 110-150 g.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Warm up the kefir. It must be warm. Pour salt and sugar into it.
2. Then add soda and mix everything well.
At this stage, the soda will “react” with kefir and it will become lush. This moment will indicate that the dough for donuts will turn out to be successful and they will turn out to taste just amazing.
3. Pour in the premium wheat flour.
4. Knead the dough with your hands. It should be pretty flexible.
If there is not enough flour, then feel free to add more, just do this procedure carefully, add it in parts.
Leave the dough for 15 minutes for the gluten to form.
5. Now divide it in half and roll each piece with a rolling pin into a layer.
6. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Lay out the cake.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and fry it until nice and golden brown on both sides.
8. Put the finished cakes on kefir on a paper towel. Literally in 1-2 minutes you can safely serve them to the table, shifting them already on a beautiful dish.
Enjoy your meal!