To feed the whole family tasty and satisfying, fry homemade pies with cabbage without eggs. We suggest kneading the dough with water and yeast. Pies will come out fluffy, airy and crispy. It will turn out economically, affordable and tasty. For all housewives, this recipe becomes a lifesaver. Everyone will definitely like the nutritious filling of cabbage.
- Wheat flour – 400-450 g.
- Warm water – 180 g.
- Dry yeast – 5 g.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l. in the dough + for frying pies and fillings.
- Sugar – 3 g.
- Salt – 4 g.
- White cabbage – 300 g.
- Carrots – 80 g.
- Onion – 80 g.
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l.
1. For the filling, chop white cabbage, grate sweet carrots and cut onions into cubes.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan (about 1.5 tablespoons) and put vegetables for the filling – cabbage, onions and carrots. Stir-fry the vegetables for 3-4 minutes over moderate heat.
3. Add tomato paste to enhance the taste of cabbage and vegetables. Salt the filling to taste, you can add a pinch of sugar.
4. Simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat and the filling is ready. It must be cooled for 15-20 minutes so that it is not hot.
5. For the dough, pour warm water into a bowl, add dry yeast, a little sugar and salt. Mix the ingredients.
6. Pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into the dough.
7. Pour in the sifted wheat flour and mix.
8. Knead the dough, leave under a towel for 40 minutes.
9. The dough has doubled in volume, you can sculpt pies.
10. Divide the dough into equal parts.
11. Flatten the dough and put in the middle a spoonful of filling.
12. Blind round-shaped pies, cover with a towel for 15 minutes, they will rise a little more.
13. Heat the oil for frying, immediately make the fire slightly less than medium. Put the pies in the sizzling oil. Fry for about 5 minutes so that the dough inside is well fried.
14. Turn over and fry on the reverse side until golden brown for about the same amount of time.
Delicious pies with cabbage can be served hot.
Enjoy your meal!