It is quite easy to prepare a mountain of yummy, namely lush pies from a package of kefir. They turn out simply amazing in taste, soft, tender and very tasty.
Kefir for dough can be used with any percentage of fat content. In order for the soda to “react” with it faster and the pies to come out really lush, kefir should be preheated to a warm state. Flour must be used necessarily of the highest grade and before adding it to the dough, it must be sifted through a sieve. As a filling, you can opt for apples or jam.
- Kefir – 1 tbsp.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Sugar – 3.5-4 tbsp. l.
- Soda – 0.5 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 150 ml.
- Flour – 2.5-3 tbsp.
- Apples – 5-6 pcs.
How to cook:
1. Prepare a deep bowl for kneading the dough. Beat a chicken egg into it, immediately add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar.
2. Mix all ingredients. Pour kefir into a ladle or bowl, heat it to a warm state. Pour it into the previous ingredients.
3. Stir and immediately add baking soda. At this stage, the dough will become more airy and it will be clearly visible.
4. Add the sifted premium flour.
5. Now knead the dough with your hands. Set it aside for now, covering the bowl with a kitchen towel.
6. Wash the apples, peel, cut into small pieces. Put them in a pan, add the remaining sugar to them, pour literally 1 tbsp. a spoonful of filtered water. Place the skillet over moderate heat.
7. Stew apples until they become soft.
8. Divide the dough into equal pieces. Roll each with a rolling pin. Place the prepared apple filling in the center.
9. Pin the edges.
10. Fry the pies in hot vegetable oil until a beautiful and golden color.
Enjoy your meal!