Mackerel “Goldfish” in a pan is a very hearty fish dish that looks very impressive, and is prepared quickly and easily. To prepare it, you should purchase fresh fish, without any dents or stains. It must be fried in a non-stick frying pan. So the fish does not stick to the bottom of the pan, it can be easily turned over to the other side, and the look from the batter will come out appetizing and with a golden crust.
What to serve with “Goldfish”? The fact is that it is best combined with sauces such as soy, garlic or sour cream. But, you don’t need to prepare these sauces or purchase them on purpose, and mackerel has a unique taste, so it can be served without them. If there is no desire to cut mackerel at home, then it is better to purchase a fillet of this fish. In general, this method can be used to cook not only mackerel, but also any other marine fish.
- Mackerel – 1 pc.
- Salt – to taste.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise with any percentage of fat content – 1-2 tbsp. l.
- Flour – 1-2 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil (for frying fish) – approximately 50 ml.
How to cook:
1. Immediately prepare the ingredients according to the list.
Clean the fish, to facilitate this procedure, wash the kitchen sink first, put the fish in it and do all the subsequent steps in it. Be sure to remove the insides, wash the fish well inside and out. After that, put it on a cutting board and cut in half along the ridge. Remove all bones and spine.
2. Salt the prepared fillets on all sides.
3. In a bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise and flour. Perhaps some ingredient will need a little more or less.
4. Mix all ingredients very well using a fork or whisk.
5. Dip the prepared fish fillet on both sides in batter.
6. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Lay out the fish.
7. Be sure to fry it over moderate heat until a beautiful and appetizing crust on both sides.
8. Transfer the finished mackerel “Goldfish” to a special dish for fish. Bring it boldly to the table.