If you want to cook buckwheat deliciously, the recipe for merchant buckwheat with chicken meat is one of the best.
- Chicken fillet – 500 g.
- Buckwheat – 1.5 tbsp.
- Water – 3.5 tbsp.
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l.
- Onion – 80 g.
- Carrots – 60 g.
- Vegetable oil – 2 hundred. l.
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp. l.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
How to cook:
1. For cooking merchant buckwheat with chicken, it is better to take chicken breast fillet. Chilled is best. Frozen, as a rule, contains a lot of water. After defrosting, the weight of the meat decreases, at best, by a third.
Before cooking, be sure to sort the buckwheat so that there are no grains in a black shell and any debris. If the cereal is of good quality, this step can be skipped, there the grains are always clean.
You can add crushed garlic and ground pepper to taste. The sugar in the recipe is essential to balance the flavor. Don’t be afraid to add it. Adjust the amount of salt to taste. Salt is different.
2. Peel the onions and carrots. Cut the carrots into thin sticks, or grate on a coarse grater. Chop the onion into small cubes. Rinse the fillet with cool water. If you bought not a ready-made fillet, but a chicken, remove the skin from it, cut the meat from the bones. Cut into small cubes.
3. Pour vegetable oil into the pan. Olive oil is best, it gives a subtle aroma. Put the chopped vegetables and fry over moderate heat until golden brown.
4. Put the chopped meat to the fried vegetables and continue frying, stirring from time to time.
5. The fillet should turn white.
6. Rinse the buckwheat, drain the liquid completely. In a saucepan with a thick bottom, or a cauldron, first put the vegetables fried with meat, and put buckwheat on top.
7. Dissolve salt, sugar and tomato paste in hot water. Pour in the buckwheat.
8. Close the pan tightly with a lid and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. When the cooking time is over, do not open the lid. Wait 10 minutes for the dish to infuse.
9. Arrange on plates and serve with fresh herbs.
Enjoy your meal!