Moroccan chicken is a rather festive-looking dish that can be safely made for dinner or for some kind of celebration. Everyone without exception will definitely like such a meat appetizer and most guests will recognize its recipe.
When choosing products for the preparation of such people, it is advisable to use chicken drumsticks that are not too small in size, since in the process of frying they significantly decrease in size and this must be taken into account. When choosing other ingredients, you can use any. For example, olives are suitable not only black in color, but also green, of course, it is more convenient that they be pitted. Thanks to the addition of fresh tomato and onion, the dish will come out more juicy.
- Chicken drumstick – 3 pcs.
- Fresh tomato – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Olives – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- Lard or vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l.
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Paprika – ½ tsp
- Zira – ¼ tsp
How to cook:
1. Put the drumstick in a deep bowl, wash it well.
2. Add salt.
3. Pour in the lemon juice.
4. Throw in the paprika and cumin.
5. Squeeze the garlic through a press.
6. Pour literally 20 ml of vegetable oil.
7. Mix everything very well.
8. Chop the onion, tomato and olives.
9. Put the meat and prepared vegetables into the pan. Pour in vegetable oil.
10. Fry everything on almost minimum heat for 25 minutes.
If the meat is used from homemade chicken, then this time will definitely not be enough. In this case, you will need to pour water into the pan and simmer it for at least 50 minutes.
Serve the Moroccan chicken on a pretty and colorful platter.