Mushroom hodgepodge is a simple, tasty, rich dish that can successfully complement the menu during fasting. However, this dish can be prepared on ordinary days. It will perfectly diversify your menu.
- Water – 2 l 500 ml.
- Champignons – 400 g.
- Pickled cucumber – 2-3 pcs.
- White cabbage – 250 g.
- Potatoes – 3-4 tubers.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 head.
- Pitted olives – 100 g.
- Cucumber pickle – 5 tbsp. l.
- Sunflower oil – 4 tbsp. l.
- Wheat flour – 1 tbsp. l.
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l.
- Bay leaf – 3 pcs.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- Lemon – 1 pc.
How to cook:
1. First prepare all the ingredients. Peel the onion, wash and cut into small cubes.
2. Rinse the mushrooms and cut into thin slices. If the mushrooms are very large, then cut them into strips.
You can replace part of the champignons with dried forest mushrooms or, for example, pickled mushrooms.
3. Wash potatoes and carrots with a vegetable brush. Potatoes need to be peeled and cut.
4. Cut the carrots into medium-sized strips, however, you can also grate it on a grater with large holes.
5. Shred the cabbage as thinly as possible.
6. Cut pickled cucumbers into strips. Slice the olives crosswise.
7. Dilute tomato paste in 100 milliliters of warm water.
8. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion on it for 5 minutes, remembering to stir.
9. Add carrots and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
10. Add flour, mix well and cook for 1 more minute.
11. Pour in the tomato mass, mix again and simmer under the lid for 3 minutes.
12. Heat the remaining sunflower oil in another pan. Fry the mushrooms on it for 5 – 6 minutes, and over high heat.
13. Boil water in a saucepan. Salt. Pour in the potatoes. Boil 7 – 8 minutes.
14. Add cabbage. Pour in the cucumber brine.
The hodgepodge will turn out even more fragrant if instead of fresh cabbage you add sauerkraut to it. But, in this case, do not add cucumber pickle.
15. Throw in the fried mushrooms.
16. Add pickles and olives.
17. Remove the roast from the pan. Lay out bay leaves.
18. Season to taste with black pepper.
19. Boil the hodgepodge for 15 minutes.
Delicious mushroom hodgepodge is ready. Pour the soup into serving bowls, add a slice of lemon to each and serve. If desired, you can sprinkle the hodgepodge with fresh chopped parsley and garnish with whole olives.