Soup puree “Turnip” is a great winter warming and healthy dish. This soup can be called dietary, because it includes a whole “bouquet” of vegetables, the main of which, of course, is the heroine of a well-known fairy tale – turnip.
Carrots, onions, potatoes and sweet peppers are perfectly combined with this low-calorie and for some reason little-used vegetable. In addition, another root vegetable, rarely used in dishes, is added to the soup – parsley root. It fills the food with pleasant flavor notes and wonderful aroma. The milk makes the soup softer.
- Turnip – 400 g.
- Carrots – 250 g.
- Onion – 100 g.
- Parsley root – 200 g.
- Potatoes – 300 g.
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 large pod.
- Water – 500 ml.
- Milk – 100 ml.
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes. Servings Per Container: 6-8.
1. Wash turnips, carrots, parsley root and potatoes thoroughly with a vegetable brush. Clean the roots. Clean and rinse the bulb. Wash the bell pepper, remove the stalk and free from the seed box.
Cut carrots and onions into small cubes.
2. Cut the parsley root into cubes too.
For a richer taste, you can add 100 g of celery root to the soup.
3. Cut the pepper, potatoes and turnips in the same way as the parsley root.
4. Heat sunflower oil in a pan. Put the onion with carrots and fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes.
5. Add parsley root.
6. Stir and continue to fry for another 5 minutes.
7. Place the fried vegetables in a saucepan. Add bell peppers, potatoes and turnips. Stir.
8. Salt and pepper to taste.
9. Pour in hot water.
Instead of water, you can use meat or vegetable broth.
Put the pan on the fire, let the contents boil and cook, covered, for 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are soft.
10. Then puree the soup with an immersion blender.
11. Then return the pan to a small fire, pour in hot milk, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. If the turnip puree soup is very thick, add another 50 ml of milk.
Milk can be replaced with cream. From this castling, the taste of the dish will improve, but the soup will also become more high-calorie.
Healthy and tasty soup-puree “Turnip” is ready. Pour it into bowls, decorate as you wish, and serve with dinner.
In the proposed recipe, the soup is decorated with sesame seeds and parsley leaves.