Today we will prepare a dessert that does not require baking. It will be a caramel cake, reminiscent of jelly, but with a special flavor note.
- Corn flakes – 1-2 tbsp.
- Walnuts (roasted) – 0.5 tbsp.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 50 g.
- Sour cream – 500 g.
- Gelatin – 2 tbsp. l.
- White chocolate chip for decoration – 2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. First, prepare the gelatin. It must be poured with boiled water at room temperature (100 ml) and left until completely swollen.
2. Prepare the caramel for the cake. Pour sugar into a saucepan or ladle and add a few tablespoons of water, send to a slow fire.
3. Sugar is heated on fire, gradually begins to melt. At this point, it is important not to stir the sugar, but only slightly tilt the ladle so that all the sugar particles melt.
4. By that time, you already have a prepared form for the cake. It can be a silicone mold or a metal cake mold. Lubricate the mold with odorless vegetable oil. Put the chopped roasted nuts on the bottom of the mold and add a few tablespoons of melted sugar mass from the ladle to them.
5. Continue cooking caramel, namely, add a piece of butter and sour cream at room temperature, not cold, to the melted sugar.
6. Stir the caramel mass and after a few minutes, when it has become homogeneous, remove from heat. Add gelatin to sour cream and stir.
7. Pour corn flakes into prepared pan with nuts. Instead of cereal, you can use broken shortbread or stretch cookies.
8. Fill the mold with creamy caramel.
9. Place the cake in the refrigerator until completely set. This may take 3-4 hours. Remove the finished caramel cake from the mold and serve. The cake can be decorated according to your taste. This time I have chocolate white crumbs, sprinkled on top of the cake.