Yogurt is not as sour and sharp as kefir, its taste is softer, and the consistency is thicker. Okroshka on yogurt turns out to be hearty, but not too high-calorie, refreshing with a pleasant, slightly sour taste. If there is not enough acid, you can add lemon juice, if you want it spicier – a little mustard. And the density can be easily adjusted by adding mineral water. Which one to take – carbonated or not – is a matter of taste.
The rest of the products in okroshka are the same as in the classic version: boiled potatoes, eggs, radishes, fresh cucumber, sausage and a lot of greens. It is customary to serve okroshka well chilled, after cooking it needs to be infused for at least an hour or two in the refrigerator. But if there is no time, you can add a few ice cubes and mix well.
- Thick natural yogurt – 500 ml.
- Boiled sausage – 200 g.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Potatoes – 4-5 pcs.
- Radishes – 200 g.
- Cucumber – 2 pcs.
- Green onions – a bunch.
- Green onions – 0.5 bunch.
- Mineral water – 0.5 l or to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. We clean the potatoes, cut into large pieces. We lay in boiled water, salt and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft. At the same time, boil hard-boiled eggs, marking 10 minutes from the beginning of the boiling of water. We cool the potatoes, pour the eggs immediately after cooking with plenty of cold water and let them cool.
2. We cut the tails of the radish, cut off the remains of the tops. Grate through a coarse grater or cut into thin strips.
3. We do the same with cucumbers: we cut them on both sides, rub them through a grater with large holes or chop them into strips.
4. Cut the cooled potatoes into small cubes, add to the vegetables.
5. We cut the boiled sausage into circles, then into a cube and pour it into the rest of the ingredients.
6. Finely chop the eggs.
The yolks can be separated and ground with a small amount of ready-made mustard, if the okroshka needs to be cooked more spicy.
7. My greens, we collect in bunches. We cut the onion into rings, cut the dill into smaller pieces. Pour into a bowl with okroshka.
8. So that the yogurt does not remain lumps in the okroshka, mix it with a small amount of water and beat well with a whisk.
9. Mix all chopped products, pour yogurt.
10. We dilute okroshka to the desired density with mineral water. Salt to taste. Let stand for five minutes, try – if there is not enough salt, add salt or season with mustard to give a slight spiciness.
11. After cooking, we remove the okroshka in the refrigerator for one to two hours to brew. Stir before serving. Pour into bowls and serve.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.