Onion rings in batter are a versatile dish, as they can be served not only with any side dish, but also as an appetizer, for example, with beer. The main thing in this recipe is the onion, it should be medium in size, but by no means small, otherwise the rings will not look so attractive.
Best of all, ready-made onion rings are combined with ketchup or garlic sauce, for the preparation of which it is enough to simply add chopped herbs and dill to sour cream. It is also better to cook this appetizer at one time, since on the second day the rings will no longer crunch. If the moment does not bother you, then cook as many rings as you want.
- Onion (medium size) – 2 pcs.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Sour cream – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Flour – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml.
How to cook:
1. Drive a chicken egg into a deep bowl, put sour cream on it with a spoon.
Sour cream can be safely replaced with mayonnaise.
2. Add salt and pepper.
3. Now add flour.
4. Mix everything very well with a whisk.
The consistency of the dough should be homogeneous and without a single lump.
5. Peel the onion, rinse it under running water, wipe dry with a paper towel. Cut the onion into rings with a sharp knife. The thickness of each of them should be no more than 1 cm.
6. Now very carefully separate the onion rings and dip them on all sides in the prepared egg and sour cream batter.
7. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, heat it up, and then put the rings in the batter.
8. Fry them until nice and golden brown on both sides.
9. Put the finished onion rings first on a paper towel, and then, when the excess oil runs off, transfer them to a dish and serve immediately to the table.
Enjoy your meal!