The cuisine of the hospitable Caucasus is something. In addition to the fact that the dishes of Caucasian cuisine are healthy, they are also incredibly tasty. A vivid confirmation of the above is the proposed dish – Ossetian chicken. All the canons of Ossetian cuisine are sustained in this dish. Firstly, an acid-fatty medium is used, or rather, sour cream. It is she who gives the sauce a thick texture and a special taste. Secondly, nuts are added to the sauce, without which the Ossetian table is unthinkable.
In this recipe, the dish is enriched with the taste of walnuts. Well, and, of course, a deliciously invigorating aroma is given to the dish by the famous Caucasian spice – hops-suneli. And the basis of the dish is tender chicken fillet, pre-fried and then baked under a thick “cap” of delicious sauce.
- Chicken fillet – 0.5 kg.
- Walnut kernels – 1 tbsp.
- Sour cream 20-25% fat – 1 tbsp.
- Khmeli-suneli – 1 tbsp. l.
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Refined sunflower oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
To measure the amount of sour cream and walnuts, a glass with a capacity of 200 ml is used.
Cooking time: 60 minutes. Servings Per Container: 4.
How to cook:
1. White chicken meat, washed with cold water, dry with paper towels. Cut the fillet into pieces. Each fillet is 6-7 pieces.
2. Cover the meat with cling film and beat. Since the chicken fillet is very tender, use the small-toothed side of the mallet.
3. Salt and pepper each chop to taste on both sides.
4. Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan and fry the chops on it over high heat until golden brown.
5. Transfer the finished chops to a refractory form – in one layer or in the form of a fan.
6. Next, start preparing the nut sauce. For this walnut kernels, chop with a knife into large crumbs.
7. Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop or pass through a press. Put in a bowl.
8. Add nuts to garlic.
9. Put sour cream there and add suneli hops.
10. Mix all the components of the nut sauce. You should get a thick mass.
11. Coat the chops with the sauce.
12. Preheat the oven to 180⁰ C. Put the chicken dish into the oven and bake the dish for 15-20 minutes.
After the specified time, the Ossetian chicken will be ready. Serve it to the table immediately after preparation. As a side dish, you can serve boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes.
Enjoy your meal!