Pickled cucumbers “Children’s” have such a name due to the fact that they can be safely given to children, since vinegar is not used for their preparation. Citric acid is taken to replace it. However, despite this, the cucumbers are very tasty, crispy and can be safely served as a snack for adults. For their preparation, it is better to use not large cucumbers in size, it is also advisable to take homemade vegetables. They are tastier than store-bought ones, and much healthier, because no nitrates are used to grow them.
It is best to serve ready-made pickled cucumbers to the table with some kind of side dish and meat dishes. For the male half, such vegetables will be an indispensable snack. Cucumbers should be stored exclusively in the refrigerator or cellar, where the temperature is cool. Horseradish and garlic were added in this recipe, but keep in mind that they are not mandatory, especially if you really plan to give cucumbers to children. Although, in general, from one clove of garlic to a liter jar, the taste of ready-made cucumbers is unlikely to differ from those that will be closed without it.
- Cucumbers – 700 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Umbrella dill – 1 sprig.
- Horseradish – 2 pieces.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
- Citric acid – 0.5 tsp.
- Water – 1.5 liters.
How to cook:
1. Be sure to wash the jar very well. For this procedure, it is better to take a new kitchen sponge.
Instead of detergent, give preference to soda.
Be sure to sterilize the jar using a metal lid with a hole inside. At the bottom, put a sprig of dill with an umbrella, garlic and bay leaf.
2. Send a couple of pieces of horseradish there.
3. Now lay out the cucumbers quite tightly, which you must wash.
4. Pour water into a suitable container. Pour in the sugar.
5. Send salt there, put the container on the fire and bring it to a boil.
6. Then add citric acid. Mix everything well.
7. Pour the finished marinade into the jar.
8. Now you can safely roll it up with a metal lid or cover it with a dense nylon.
In just three days, the cucumbers will be ready. However, they can be safely stored until the cold weather, the main thing is to take them to the cellar or pantry.
These unusual pickled cucumbers “Children’s” came out!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.