During the season, we suggest you roll up delicious whole eggplants in a jar for the winter. The recipe is simple and easy, without sterilization, which will delight every housewife. Vegetables are tasty and spicy.
With a minimum set of spices, you will get excellent eggplants, in winter they will fly away from the table – it will be delicious. When serving, cut the “blue ones” into medium pieces, you can also add fresh herbs and a little vegetable oil – there will be a wonderful snack for you and your guests.
For a 2 liter jar:
- Eggplant – 1 kg.
- Water – 1 l.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
- Peppercorns – 3-4 pcs.
- Vinegar 9% – 5 tbsp. l.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves.
Yield: 1 can of 2 liters.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the eggplant, cut off the tails and pierce with a fork or knife in several places.
For the recipe, use small fruits. It is good if the vegetables are medium in size.
2. Boil 3 liters of water in a large saucepan and add 100 g of salt – put the eggplants and cook for 7-8 minutes at a medium boil. The readiness of vegetables is easy to check with a knife or fork, punctures. Carefully remove the boiled eggplant to a plate or cutting board.
3. Sterilize the jars. Rinse a 2-liter jar of soda, rinse a couple of times in clean water. Then steam the jars. To do this, there is a special ring that is installed on a pot of boiling water. Steam the jar for 4-5 minutes.
4. In the prepared jar, put peppercorns and bay leaf on the bottom.
5. Peel the garlic and cut into slices, put on the bottom of the jar.
6. Put the boiled eggplants in jars, do not tamp down too much so that they do not flatten, let the vegetables lie freely. It is just convenient to use a 2-liter jar – about 5-6 boiled vegetables are placed.
7. Boil the marinade – boil water, add salt, stir. Pour in the vinegar and immediately turn off the heat. The marinade is ready.
8. Pour the hot marinade over the eggplants in jars, filling to the top.
9. Roll up the jars with turnkey iron lids.
10. Turn the jars upside down and insulate with a blanket, let cool completely in this form.
Store the finished workpiece in a dark and cool place, a pantry in the apartment, and a basement or cellar will do. The workpiece is well stored all winter.