Pickled sorrel for the winter always turns out excellent, and it is quick and affordable to cook it. It is best to buy it from grandmothers, as they sell homemade sorrel.
As spices, the choice should be left on salt, but it is best to pour sorrel with spring water. However, if it is not there, then the usual filtered one will do. For rolling, banks of any size are suitable. It is advisable to pre-wash them thoroughly with a sponge and soda or dishwashing detergent and send them to the microwave for minutes. So, the jar will be sterilized and it can be safely used for conservation.
The lids should be taken those that fit the selected jars. That is, if the bank is ordinary, it should be rolled up with a metal lid using a special key. If a jar with a screw cap, then the choice is to stop on it. It is best to store ready-made sorrel in a cellar or pantry, where the temperature is not cool and direct sunlight does not fall.
- Sorrel – 1 bunch.
- Salt – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Water – 500 ml.
How to cook:
1. So, after the ingredients are prepared, wash the sorrel very well. It is more convenient to do this procedure under a tap of running water or in a bowl, pouring a sufficient amount of water into it and draining it as soon as it gets dirty and pouring a new 1.
If necessary, then tear off the tails from each leaf, if it is more convenient, you can do this procedure with a knife.
Cut the sorrel with a sharp knife.
2. Prepare a jar, wash it with baking soda, sterilize for a minute in the microwave. Put chopped sorrel in a clean and dry jar.
3. Now pour spring or simply filtered water into a ladle or pan.
4. Add salt.
5. Put the ladle on the fire and bring to a full boil. Pour the marinade over the sorrel.
6. Now take a suitable cover, screw it on or roll it up with a key.
If you plan to use sorrel in a month, then you can cover the jar with a nylon lid. In this case, you will have to store the sorrel in the refrigerator.
Here is such pickled sorrel for the winter! In just a day, it will change color, the marinade will cool down and it will be possible to send it to the pantry or cellar for storage.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.