“Babka neagre” is an easy-to-cook pastry of Moldovan cuisine, which has an original and unusual name. This kind of cake should be safely made for tea, it is not difficult to prepare. You can bake it in the oven, as in this recipe, or use a slow cooker for the same purpose. We will not describe in detail how to cook it in a slow cooker, since in this recipe it was baked in the oven.
For cooking, you should use fresh chicken eggs. The principle of preparing the dough is somewhat unusual, one might even say not standard, but let this moment not be at all embarrassing. What kind of cake do you like? It is hard to say. It is not airy, unlike a biscuit. However, not too “heavy” in structure. In general, be sure to try it out. An alcoholic drink is added to the dough. The choice can be stopped on vodka or cognac. If brandy is used, the cake will likely be dark on the inside after baking. But, this is all nonsense, the main thing is that it is not difficult to prepare.
- Egg – 3 pcs.
- Sugar – about 100 g.
- Kefir – 0.5 tbsp.
- Milk – 1 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml.
- Vodka or cognac – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Soda – 0.5 tsp
- Flour – 200-250 g.
How to cook:
1. Pour the flour into a suitable deep container.
2. Add soda.
3. Then add sugar. Mix everything with an ordinary kitchen metal whisk or spoon.
4. Now pour in vegetable oil. Just make a small indentation in the center first.
5. Pour kefir there, it is better to heat it a little.
6. Now do the same with milk.
7. Pour in vodka or cognac.
8. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and pour them into the main batter.
Pour the dough into a suitable shape. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes. Set the temperature to 190 degrees.
It is also advisable to check the readiness of the cake with a wooden skewer before removing it from the oven. If the skewer is dry, then you can safely get the cake. If it is wet, then you need to cook it more.
Here is such an unusual cake “Babka Neagre” came out!