The apple baking season continues, on this occasion we want to offer an original recipe for a pie. It will be a very juicy and tender cake, where apples make up almost the main part of it. An important detail of this recipe is the use of sour and juicy apples with a high content of pectin. The finished pie, due to the high content of pectin, will turn out with an apple filling, vaguely similar to marmalade. The ideal variety of apples is considered to be for such a pie – this is Antonovka.
- Fresh apples – up to 1.3 kg.
- Sugar for sprinkling apples – 3-4 tbsp. l.
- Butter – 70 g.
- Chicken eggs – small 4 pcs. or large 3 pcs.
- Sugar for dough – 70 g.
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Wheat flour – 90 g.
How to cook:
1. Prepare the cake pan. Take a round shape with sides, it is desirable that it be one-piece. Line the form with foil or parchment in several layers. Sprinkle the bottom of the mold with a little sugar (2-4 tablespoons) and add pieces of butter. The oil promotes the formation of caramel from sugar and apple juice.
2. Rinse the apples and cut into slices, first removing the seed part.
3. Turn on the oven to warm up to 180 degrees. Lay out the apple slices in a mold so that you get a beautiful pattern in the finished pie upside down. Depending on your shape, you may get one or two layers of apples. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the apples and place in a hot oven.
4. Apples are baked for 30-40 minutes, they should be completely baked. Take out the mold and lightly tamp the apple layer with a fork. Set the mold aside, let the apples cool.
5. Prepare the dough for filling the pie, it is similar to biscuit dough in consistency. Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl.
6. Beat the eggs until light and then add the sifted flour and baking powder, a pinch of salt.
7. Spread the dough in a mold on the surface of the baked apples.
8. Bake the apple pie at 170 degrees for 30-40 minutes on the middle rack of your oven. The finished cake must be completely cooled, only then served.
9. Turn the pie upside down onto a plate and the pie is ready to serve. Apple juices soak the dough and it turns out to be slightly moist in its consistency.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.