For tea or coffee, prepare a delicious and fragrant pie “Student” with jam. For the recipe, you can use any jam that you have available. For today’s recipe, we used currant jam, with it the cake turns out just magical.
In general, the pie is prepared from the most accessible and inexpensive ingredients, as they say, what is always in the kitchen is wheat flour, jam leftovers, kefir (you can stand in the refrigerator), eggs, soda and vegetable oil. If the jam is sour, such as currant, then add a little sugar to the dough for extra sweetness. Everyone can make such a simple pie, including students! Baking will be delicious and inexpensive.
- Kefir (any fat content) – 250 g.
- Wheat flour – 350 g.
- Jam (any) – 150 g.
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 40 g.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
How to cook:
1. Pour kefir at room temperature into a deep bowl, beat chicken eggs into it. Stir the weight with a whisk, shake. You don’t need a mixer, a regular whisk will do.
2. Pour in the jam and add sugar. Stir the resulting liquid mass again with a whisk.
3. Pour in vegetable oil and mix the pie blank. Due to currant jam, the dough became a beautiful dark purple hue.
4. At the end, add the sifted wheat flour and soda.
5. Stir the dough so that there are no lumps.
The dough is not very thick. If you scoop it up with a spoon, then the dough will slowly drain from it – this is the desired consistency.
6. Lightly grease the baking dish with vegetable oil, pour the dough so that it is evenly distributed. Send to bake in an oven preheated to 180C.
7. After 35-40 minutes, the cake will be completely ready. Take it out of the oven and cool. Then take it out of the mold.
Sprinkle the finished cake with powdered sugar for decoration and serve. Due to soda and kefir, it became lush and porous.
Enjoy your meal!