Apricot pie “Austrian” is an amazing pastry. It is based on a tender biscuit dough with the addition of butter. And the filling is completely delicious – juicy, fragrant halves of fresh ripe apricots. Vanillin and fresh lemon peel are used as aromatic additives.
- Wheat flour – 130 g.
- Egg – 3 pcs.
- Butter – 120 g.
- Sugar – 200 g.
- Fresh apricots – 8 pcs.
- Lemon is half.
- Vanillin – 1 sachet.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Powdered sugar – for decorating the cake.
How to cook:
1. Take the butter out of the refrigerator at least 20-30 minutes before cooking. It should soften up.
Wash and dry apricots. Cut each fruit lengthwise into two halves and remove the seeds.
2. Place butter in a bowl and add sugar.
3. Beat with a mixer until a fluffy pale yellow mass is obtained.
4. Carefully separate the yolks from the whites. Place the bowl of egg whites in the refrigerator.
5. And add the yolks one by one to the sugar-butter mixture, beating well with a mixer after adding the next yolk.
6. You should end up with a smooth light yellow mass.
7. With a special tool, remove a thin bright yellow layer of zest from half a lemon.
8. Add lemon zest and vanilla to a bowl. And whip again.
Instead of vanilla, you can use vanilla extract. You will need 1 teaspoon.
9. Pour in the sifted flour. Stir so that there are no flour lumps. Better to do it with a mixer.
10. Take the egg white bowl out of the refrigerator. Add salt to proteins. Using a mixer with dry, clean attachments, beat egg whites until fluffy, dense with small peaks.
11. Put the third part of the proteins in a bowl with dough. Gently mix with a spatula, moving from top to bottom from the edges to the middle, turning the bowl clockwise. Then fold in 2 more portions of the protein mass in the same way.
If you add 1 tablespoon of cognac or rum to the dough, the cake will turn out to be even more fragrant.
12. Cover the baking dish with non-stick paper. Ideally, for this amount of dough, a form measuring 20 X 20 centimeters is suitable.
13. Arrange the apricot halves cut-side up on the pastry surface.
14. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Put the mold in the oven and bake the Austrian apricot pie for 40 minutes. Check the readiness of baking by sticking a dry wooden stick into it. It must remain dry.
Carefully remove the cake from the mold, cool it and sprinkle with powdered sugar through a tea strainer.
Enjoy your meal!