Zebra pie is very simple and easy to cook on kefir, the recipe is simple and any housewife can do it.
All the ingredients are always at hand, the main thing is that you have cocoa in stock. The rest will need ordinary wheat flour, eggs, sugar, a little kefir. For splendor, add soda to the dough, and for flavor – regular vanillin. To make the cake striped like a “zebra”, mix part of the dough with cocoa, you will get colorful pastries that will delight both adults and children.
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs.
- Kefir – 200 g.
- Sugar – 100 g.
- Flour – 1.5 tbsp.
- Cocoa – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Vanillin – 2 pinches.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
How to cook:
1. Beat in chicken eggs and add sugar there. Whisk the egg and sugar mixture vigorously until the mixture is light in color and bubbles appear on the surface.
2. Pour in kefir of any fat content – it should be warm. Take it out of the fridge ahead of time.
3. Then add the sifted wheat flour, baking soda, a pinch of salt and fragrant vanillin.
4. Mix the dough – there should be no lumps in it. With the help of a whisk, a smooth dough is obtained. The structure will be viscous, sparse.
5. Pour the third part of the dough into a separate bowl and add cocoa there.
6. Stir the chocolate dough so that the consistency is uniform.
7. Prepare a baking dish and pour a couple of tablespoons of light dough on the bottom, and add the same amount of chocolate dough on top.
8. Continue alternating light and chocolate dough until you run out.
9. With a skewer, make circular movements from the center to the edges – the dough will partially mix and you will get stains inside.
10. Bake the cake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at an average temperature of 180-190C. Let the pastry cool and remove from the mold.
11. Cut the pie and in the cut you will see that the result is a “Zebra”. A delicious treat for tea or coffee is ready.
Enjoy your meal!