Potato babka in pots is a very juicy and tasty dish that can be safely prepared not only on the most ordinary day, but also for a holiday. Due to the fact that lard and onions are added to the potatoes, it turns out to be simply amazing in taste.
When choosing a vegetable in a store, it is advisable to give preference to the one that has a yellow color inside, but if this is not possible, then you can opt for the one that is available. When choosing a piece of lard, it is better to take one that has a meat layer. Of the spices, a classic set is suitable, namely, salt and ground black pepper.
It is recommended to serve the finished dish to the table directly in the pot, but if it is too large in size, then you can use ordinary plates for this purpose. Some kind of vegetable salad should be prepared for the potato grandmother, or it should be served just like that. From a salad, it will be best combined with young vegetables, for example, tomatoes and cucumbers, or fresh cabbage and cucumbers.
- Potatoes – 5-6 pcs.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Salo – 70 g.
- Flour – 1 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 40 ml.
How to cook:
1. Cut the lard into medium-sized pieces. Put them in a pan and fry over low heat for 5-7 minutes. Add salt.
2. Now peel, rinse the onion under running water, cut it into pieces and put it in the fat. Fry everything together for 2 minutes.
3. Peel potatoes with a special tool. Rinse it under a tap of running water, grate it on a coarse grater.
4. Put lard with onions on it.
5. Beat in a chicken egg.
6. Pour flour in there.
7. Add salt and black pepper. Mix everything well with a regular tablespoon.
8. Pour vegetable oil into the bottom of the pot. Lay out the potato mass with bacon and onions.
9. Send the pot to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 60 minutes. By the way, it should definitely be covered with a lid on top. If it is not, then you need to use foil for this purpose.
Serve potato bacon with bacon to the table immediately.