Potato tortillas are a dish that can be easily prepared for breakfast or as a quick snack. For their preparation, you can use potatoes that were cooked yesterday.
It is best to serve a ready-made appetizer with garlic sauce or some other, for example, sour cream. Also, as an option, potato cakes go very well with a glass of ordinary kefir.
- Mashed potatoes – 2-3 tbsp. l.
- Flour – 6-7 tbsp. l.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 1-2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. If you do not have mashed potatoes prepared in advance, then peel the vegetable, wash it, and then cut into smaller pieces and cover with water. Add 0.5 tsp to potatoes. salt and boil until fully cooked. Now drain the hot water from it, crush the vegetable with a pusher. Cool the mashed potatoes, put it in a deep bowl.
2. Add salt and ground black pepper to the finished puree to taste. You can also add paprika.
3. Add the sifted premium flour there.
4. Now knead the dough with your hands. It will stick a little to your hands, as it should be.
5. Wet your hands with water, and take some of the potato mass. Form a cake. It can be either larger or smaller.
6. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Lay out 1 or more potato tortillas.
7. Fry them over moderate heat until golden and beautiful crust on both sides.
8. Put the finished potato cakes first on a paper towel so that excess vegetable oil is drained from them. After that, transfer them to a dish.
Enjoy your meal!