Potato “Romanoff” always turns out very tasty and quite satisfying. Therefore, it can be safely prepared even on the festive table, it will definitely appeal to all guests without exception.
When choosing potatoes, you should purchase the variety that has a yellow color inside. Cheese is better to take with the taste of baked milk, for example, Creamy or Country. If you like the cheese to be with a slight hint of bitterness, then it is better to stop the choice on Gouda. You can buy any sour cream, of course, it is better if it is homemade.
Serve potatoes “Romanoff” preferably hot. Perfectly it is combined with home preservation, for example, tomatoes or cucumbers. You can also safely make some kind of fresh vegetable salad, for example, chop Chinese cabbage and fresh cucumber.
- Potatoes – 4 pcs. – 1 pc.;
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Sour cream – 1-2 tbsp. l.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Hard cheese – 50 g.
How to cook:
1. So, peel the potatoes, rinse them under running water. Grate the vegetable.
2. Peel the onion, chop it as small as possible, put it on the grated potatoes. By the way, purple onions are also suitable in this recipe.
3. Add salt and ground black pepper.
If you wish, then you can also add dried garlic, herbs and other favorite spices.
4. Lay out the sour cream using a regular tablespoon for this.
5. Now mix everything very well. If this procedure will be difficult to do, then feel free to add the same amount of sour cream.
6. Pour the potato mixture into a baking dish. If you want, then you can lubricate it with vegetable oil.
7. Grate hard cheese on top.
8. Send the dish to the oven. Bake it for 50-60 minutes, you can cover the top with foil so that the cheese is soft after baking. Or, alternatively, you can put it on top at the end of cooking. The baking temperature should be 190 degrees.
Here is such a potato “Romanoff” came out! Serve it to the table directly in the form or use portioned dishes for this.