Potatoes with cabbage turn out to be quite satisfying and are prepared quite simply, in two stages. One stage is frying or stewing white cabbage and you can do this in advance. This is also the preparation of potato mass – potatoes must be boiled in their skins in advance. This dish can be served hot or warm. It tastes best with sour cream and fresh herbs. Such potato pancakes can be prepared for the future – that is, put the blanks in the freezer, and if necessary, cook in a frying pan or in the oven.
White cabbage should be washed and dried. Boil the potatoes in advance in their skins, cool. You can allow the potatoes to be slightly boiled, so that it is easier to knead them later. Measure out the right amount of wheat flour and sour cream.
- Potatoes – 4 pcs.
- White cabbage – 120 g.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Wheat flour – 80 g.
- Sour cream – 30 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 25 ml.
- Salt – to taste.
- Spices – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Thinly chop white cabbage with a sharp knife. Send the product to be fried by pouring a tablespoon of refined oil into a hot frying pan. Salt and fry over low heat, stirring with a spatula.
2. Peel the boiled potatoes and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork to the state of mashed potatoes, if desired, you can make it as homogeneous as possible or leave lumps. Crack a fresh egg into a bowl.
3. Add the sifted wheat flour to the bowl.
4. Add fresh sour cream of low or medium fat content, salt and add spices.
5. Stir everything well until completely homogeneous.
The mass will turn out quite sticky, do not add more flour. You will need to sculpt the potatoes with wet hands.
6. After 15-20 minutes of frying the cabbage, transfer the product to a saucer.
7. Moisten your hands with water, take a small portion of the potato mass. Make a well in the center and place a teaspoon of fried cabbage in it.
8. Cover the cabbage with a small portion of the potato mass, pinch the edges and flatten the potato. Put in a frying pan, in heated refined oil. Cover with a lid and fry for 4 minutes over low heat.
9. On the other hand, fry the potatoes for another 3 minutes under a closed lid.
You can serve the dish immediately, with sour cream and fresh herbs, sauce, vegetables and pickles.