Prague lard in a bag always turns out very soft and tasty. To prepare it, you can buy lard with or without a meat layer. It is best to cook it in a saucepan or in the most ordinary bowl. In addition to the ingredients listed in this recipe, you can safely use those spices that you like best. Therefore, even ready-made seasoning for salting fat is suitable.
It is best to serve ready-made Prague bacon to the table when it has cooled down. You can even put it in the freezer first. It is combined with any side dishes, red borscht and it is simply indispensable as a regular snack. Be sure to try to cook such an unusual, soft fat. It will definitely please everyone!
- Salo – 150 g.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves.
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Wash a piece of lard very well.
If you are using a large piece of lard, then you can cut it into smaller pieces.
Wipe it off with a paper towel. Put it on a plate or immediately put it in a regular plastic bag. Rub the fat on all sides with salt, it is better to use regular salt.
2. Now crush the piece well with ground pepper.
3. Transfer the piece of fat to the bag if you have not done this procedure before.
4. Peel the garlic, cut it into several pieces. Put it in a package.
5. Now tie it tightly. You can use another package for reliability.
6. Bring water to a boil in a ladle. Lay out the bag of lard. Boil it for 1.5 hours.
The fire should be minimal, and it is better to cover the ladle with a lid on top so that the water boils less. If this still happens, then just add more water and cook the bacon further.
7. Then take the bag out of the water.
When the fat has cooled, you can put it in the freezer for an hour. Then cut the Prague fat into pieces and serve it to the table.
Enjoy your meal!