Puffs with suluguni and herbs are a delicious snack that is best served hot or warm. Then the cheese will be very soft. For a brighter flavor, add fresh herbs, namely parsley or dill. Dried thyme or basil, by the way, will not be superfluous either. You can use only suluguni for the filling, or you can “mix” it with other types of cheese.
- Puff pastry – 125 g.
- Suluguni cheese – 70 g.
- Fresh parsley – 5-6 sprigs.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
Cooking time: 40 minutes. Yield: 2 puffs.
1. It is most convenient to use ready-made puff pastry, both store-bought and homemade (from the freezer). 20 minutes before the start of the preparation of puffs, remove it from the chamber and let it thaw.
Divide smoked or regular suluguni cheese into small pieces and put in a blender bowl. Send sprigs of clean dry greens to them.
2. Cover the bowl with a lid and grind the cheese for a minute.
3. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry with a rolling pin to the desired thickness. Cut into two identical pieces of rectangular or square shape.
4. Put cheese with herbs on half of each piece of dough. Leave the edges free (about 5 mm).
5. Cover the filling with the second half of the dough and carefully connect the edges. On top of each puff, you can make small cuts obliquely.
6. Place the blanks in a baking dish lined with foil. Whisk an egg in a bowl and brush over each puff. Place the mold in an oven preheated to 170 degrees.
7. After 15-20 minutes, you can remove the ruddy puffs from the oven, let them cool slightly and start eating.