French pies have always been famous for their stunning appearance. Quiche can be made with absolutely any filling, but this one can rightly be called a royal pie. Juicy, tender, with a cheese crust and a delightful mushroom aroma… And also bright, due to pieces of tomato. Such a pie will not only diversify your menu, but also make an ordinary dinner in the family circle festive. This pie is definitely a must try for all lovers of mushrooms and homemade cakes.
- Raw champignons – 200 g.
- Medium tomatoes – 2 pcs.
- Any ham – 120 g.
- Mozzarella cheese – 200 g.
- Chicken eggs – 3 pcs.
- Butter – 80 g.
- Wheat flour – 180 g.
- Warm milk – 1 tbsp.
- Salt and spices – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Wash the chicken eggs well and beat them into a bowl with high sides. Pour in the melted butter here.
2. Sift the flour carefully, this is necessary in order to saturate it with oxygen. After that, pour the flour into a bowl with eggs and mix.
3. Also add a small amount of salt so that the dough does not come out too bland.
4. Quickly knead the dough, it should not be very tight.
If the dough is very sticky to your hands, then just apply a small amount of vegetable oil to them.
5. The form in which you plan to bake the quiche should be greased with oil. As for the dough, sprinkle it with flour and roll it out with a rolling pin.
6. Carefully place the dough into the mold, forming small sides. After that, the form with the dough should be placed in the freezer for ten minutes.
7. Mushrooms can take on your taste. Forest mushrooms or oyster mushrooms are perfect. Mushrooms need to be washed and cut into narrow slices.
8. Peel the onion and chop as finely as possible.
If you think onions are too hot, then you can use salad onions or a white variety – they will work too.
9. Mushrooms should be fried with onions in vegetable oil, then allowed to cool slightly. When the dough is frozen enough, you need to lay out the finished mushroom filling on it.
10. Cut the ham and also sprinkle with mushrooms. By the way, you can take any meat component. Sausages or salami will do. Place the diced tomatoes here as well.
11. Mozzarella cheese needs to be grated on a coarse grater. If you have another cheese, say hard cheese, then you can use it. But in this case, the taste will not be as creamy as with young cheese.
12. Sprinkle the quiche with cheese, trying to place it in an even layer. Now you can prepare the fill. Take the remaining chicken eggs and lightly beat them with a fork.
13. Milk should be added to the eggs and, if necessary, any spices. Stir again with a fork.
14. It remains to pour the quiche with the egg-milk mixture and send it to the oven for ten or fifteen minutes. During this time, the cake will be covered with a beautiful even crust and will begin to exude a wonderful cheese and mushroom aroma.
15. The finished cake should stand for five minutes and cool slightly so that it can be easily removed from the mold.
Quiche should be served warm, and tea with milk is the best addition to the taste of drinks.