Wanted a vinaigrette for dinner, but no time to cook or bake vegetables? Then this recipe is for you. Let’s make a quick vinaigrette today.
- Medium-sized raw beets – 2-3 pcs.
- Medium carrot – 2 pcs.
- Medium potatoes – 3-4 pcs.
- Green fresh-frozen peas – 1 tbsp.
- Sour cucumbers – 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil – 50-100 ml.
- Water – 50-100 ml.
- Sea salt – up to 2 tsp.
- Black pepper or any spices – as needed.
- Fresh parsley – as needed
How to cook:
1. Peeled raw beets must be cut into small cubes and pour into a pan with vegetable oil (50 ml) and mix. Place a frying pan with beets over medium heat and cover with a lid, mark for 3-5 minutes.
Taste the beets for softness and sweetness, you may need a pinch of sugar.
Pour the beets into a clean bowl and cover with a lid.
2. Prepare carrots and potatoes for salad. Peeled vegetables also cut into small cubes.
3. Pour carrots and potatoes into the pan without stirring. Add some water (50 ml) to the vegetables and cover. Cook the vegetables over moderate heat for about five minutes.
By the way, sometimes you come across varieties of potatoes that quickly boil soft and turn into gruel. To prevent this from happening in this recipe, simply drizzle the top of the potatoes with lemon juice while cooking.
4. Open the lid and add freshly frozen green peas on top of the potatoes. Cover the pan with a lid and send it to the fire again, for 2-3 minutes, so that the peas are steamed. Mix cooked vegetables and season with salt to taste.
5. Combine beets and other prepared vegetables, mix.
6. Finely chop the sour cucumbers and add to the salad. You can also add sauerkraut, canned beans here.
7. Ready vinaigrette salad is ready, season it with vegetable oil, ground pepper to taste. From fresh herbs, you can use parsley, dill and green onions for vinaigrette.