If you want to cook cheesecakes for breakfast, but there were no eggs in the refrigerator – it doesn’t matter! Here is a recipe for delicious cheesecakes without eggs, from a minimum of products. They taste tender, sweet and smell deliciously of vanilla.
In order for cheesecakes without eggs to keep their shape well, it is very important to choose the “right” cottage cheese. The main requirement for a product is its quality. It should be natural, without impurities of vegetable fats and other chemicals. To test the curd, heat up a pan and toss a piece into it. It should start to fry. If it spreads in a pan, melts and foams, then it will not work to make cheesecakes without eggs from such a product, they will fall apart and you will simply transfer the products!
Cottage cheese is better to choose fat and dry, it should not be too wet or pasty.
If you wish, you can diversify the taste of your favorite cheesecakes if you add raisins or dried apricots to the list of ingredients. In the season of fresh fruits and berries, you can add a handful of currants, blueberries or chopped apricot pulp.
- Cottage cheese (preferably fatty) – 200 g.
- Semolina – 2 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l. without a slide.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Vanillin – on the tip of a knife.
- Flour – 2 tbsp. l. for breading.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
How to cook:
1. Wipe the cottage cheese through a sieve – this way you will get rid of lumps, as well as saturate it with oxygen, as a result, cheesecakes will turn out lush and very tender. This must be done by hand, and not with a blender (it will make the curd mass too wet and it will be very difficult for you to sculpt cheesecakes).
2. Add salt, sugar and semolina, as well as a little vanilla for flavor. Mix everything well with a tablespoon. Then let the mixture stand for 10 minutes so that the semolina swells slightly. You should get a homogeneous mass – quite thick.
3. Sprinkle the board with flour. And dump the curd dough on it.
4. Sprinkle flour on top too and roll up a thick sausage.
5. Cut into pucks. To prevent the mass from sticking to the knife, dip it in flour each time.
6. Roll each puck in flour and trim with a knife – with light patting movements with the wide side of the blade.
7. Heat a frying pan (heavy) with vegetable oil. Put the cheesecakes in and immediately reduce the heat to medium so that the breading from the flour does not burn. Do not disturb them, do not turn them over or move them in the pan for the first 3 minutes, until a firm crust forms on the bottom.
It is best to use non-stick cookware, then the cheesecakes will not stick to the bottom.
8. Turn over and continue frying until fully cooked.
No need to cover!
If this is done, the crust will soften, and the cottage cheese may leak, as a result, your cheesecakes will blur into shapeless cakes, and not fry. Remove the finished products from the pan and transfer to paper towels to remove excess oil.
As you can see, even cheesecakes cooked without eggs turn out to be very appetizing, they are ruddy and fluffy, very tasty, with a light vanilla flavor. Serve warm or cold with your favorite jam, condensed milk or just a spoonful of good homemade sour cream.
Enjoy your meal!