If you love eggplants, then you should definitely prepare a royal appetizer from them – a very tasty and satisfying salad. Pre-fried eggplant with vegetables and boiled beans, stewed in tomato with spices and herbs is a real delicacy. Such a royal appetizer to the table can be served both hot (warmed up in advance) and cold, it will be equally good.
- Eggplant – 1 kg.
- Onion – 300 g.
- Tomatoes – 1.5 kg.
- Carrots – 250 g.
- Dry beans – 200 g.
- Sweet pepper – 250 g.
- Garlic – 1 large head.
- Hot pepper – to taste.
- Parsley – 1 bunch.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 4 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar – 60 ml.
- Sunflower oil – 60 ml.
How to cook:
1. Prepare dry beans in advance (the bean variety does not play any role in the preparation of this snack), wash it and soak it in cold water for 10 to 12 hours (preferably overnight). This is necessary so that the beans cook quickly.
2. Put the swollen beans in a saucepan, cover with water and cook until tender (usually it takes 25-30 minutes). Do not add salt to the beans during the cooking process. When the beans are cooked, drain them in a colander.
3. While the beans are cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients for the royal appetizer. In particular, pass the washed ripe tomatoes through a meat grinder. Pour the resulting tomato into a container with a thick bottom (large pot or cauldron) and boil for 5-10 minutes.
4. Grate peeled carrots on a Korean-style vegetable grater and fry with onions.
5. Add chopped bell peppers to the vegetables. Stirring occasionally, sauté vegetables until tender.
6. Transfer the fried vegetables to a boiling tomato.
7. In the meantime, cut the eggplant into large pieces and fry them in a pan, adding about 3 tbsp. l. sunflower oil. It is best to fry the eggplants in parts (so that the vegetables are well fried) over high heat, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the fried eggplant to the tomato to the onion with carrots and peppers.
9. Pour the boiled beans into the salad after the eggplant.
10. Then add sugar, salt, and hot pepper (if you want the appetizer to be spicy). Mix thoroughly and cook over high heat for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to stir the vegetables from time to time.
11. After 10 minutes of boiling the future workpiece, add 9% vinegar, chopped parsley and garlic cloves squeezed through a press into it. Stir again and boil for 10 minutes. The total cooking time for the salad is 20 minutes.
12. Arrange the royal appetizer of boiling water in pre-sterilized jars and roll up.
13. Wrap the preservation with something warm, for example, a blanket, and leave it in this position until it cools completely, and only then put it away for storage. You can store such a blank both in the cellar and in the pantry at room temperature.