You can make delicious cakes from the most affordable ingredients. Flatbreads can be sweet, spicy, salty and spicy.
The dough is prepared in a variety of ways – on kefir, on water or milk. Fry delicious and hearty rustic cakes with paprika in a pan, the dish turns out bright and appetizing. Knead the dough on sour cream with the addition of soda and sweet paprika. Thanks to paprika, the cakes are bright in color and very tasty, with a piquant spicy aroma. These flatbreads are a great substitute for any bread.
It’s also a big plus that you don’t need an oven. Fry the tortillas in a pan, which is much easier and faster than waiting for the bread to bake. You can serve them as an independent dish with fresh vegetables or herbs. They are also combined with any soups and first courses.
- Wheat flour – 4 tbsp. l.
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp. l.
- Sweet paprika – 1 tbsp. l.
- Soda – ¼ tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 2 pinches.
How to cook:
1. Put a couple of tablespoons of sour cream into a deep mixing bowl, add soda and salt. In sour cream, the soda will be extinguished and will work in the dough. The cakes will be soft. Mix these ingredients well.
2. Pour in sweet paprika and mix the ingredients well again.
3. Now add the sifted wheat flour.
4. Start kneading the dough, first stirring it with a spoon so that all the dry ingredients are combined with sour cream. At first there will be small lumps.
5. Knead a soft ball of dough – roll it up and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
6. Then divide the dough into medium balls and roll each into a thin cake.
7. Grease a frying pan with a little oil, heat well over medium heat and lay out the tortilla. Roast for a couple of minutes.
8. Then turn over and fry on the other side for another minute. Do not oil the pan again. Fry all the cakes in this way.
Ready-made cakes can be served immediately, although they are just as tasty when cold.